Event Coordinator Position at Lake Chelan Winery & Wapato Point Cellars
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Event Coordinator is responsible for both private events and Wine Club events. The role will involve responding to event inquiries in a timely fashion, managing all aspects of private events as well as selling/building new private event clients. The Event Coordinator will be responsible for managing and planning our Wine Club Appreciation Events and working closely with the Wine Club Manager for all details of Wine Club events.
This role is more than just “selling”; it’s about building and managing client partnerships and moving them forward. The Event Coordinator must not only foster superb external client relationships, but also be flexible and able to build trust and confidence with internal colleagues. It is expected that the Event Coordinator will play an essential collaborative part insuring Wapato Point Cellars and Lake Chelan Winery continue to be forward thinking and a guest experience driven organization.
Hospitality, Food and Beverage Service and Retail Sales experience preferred.
- 25-40 hours per week, incentive program and perks
- Respond to and manage all Private Event inquiries and events
- Manage all aspects of Wine Club Winery and Valley wide Industry events events
- Identify and secure new Private Event business through sales strategies such as client visits, attending networking events, email promotions, etc.
- Secure repeat and referral business through relationship management
- Create a follow-up and repeat client referral process
- Collaborate with Event Chef on menu development, pricing and strategy
- Coordinate all aspects of the venue set-up, food and beverage service, timeline and financial requirements for events
- Prepare and distribute client contracts, event work orders, maps, invoices and all necessary details required by the event booking process
- Responsible for setting and achieving monthly and yearly financial goals for event department
- Contribute to monthly and yearly forecasting/pace financial reports
- Professional appearance and work attire required
- Follow up on all communications within one business day
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year university preferred
- Minimum 3 years of direct event experience with a proven track record of sales success in a fast-paced, guest-centric environment
- Hospitality, Food and Beverage Service and Retail Sales experience preferred
- Professional who is ready to contribute to our company on day one and who can contribute to our long-term strategic goals
- Strong attention to detail and superb organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be self-managed, yet also a team player
- Schedule flexibility is a must, evenings and weekends will be required based on event needs
- WA State Mast Certificate/Pourers License & Food Handlers Permit